Sunday, April 2, 2017

Merry Christmas!!

Elder Carter and I are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to finding. We had a couple really cool experiences trackting, and our PNIs are starting to look a lot more promising. We went on exchanges this last Thursday to Friday, and it went well. I went the the Assistant's area, and we had so much fun. We rode the trains around downtown and contacted, and then we had an appointment with a recent convert from LA at a super nice hotel, also downtown. I am starting to fall in love with the city. There's just something about the mashup of cultures here that's so unique. 
     One really cool finding experience we had happened just before Elder Carter and I met with the APs for exchanges. We didn't do as much finding that day as we had hoped, so we decided to knock a few doors in an area we had previously seen some promise in. The very first door we knocked was answered by a man named Tom. He let us in, and watched the Christmas video intently. Afterwards I could see that he had been fighting back tears the whole time, and the dam had almost broken under his eyes. He told us that he really liked the comparison between the acts of service given by Jesus Christ, and our lives today, and mentioned that he had never really noticed that before. He then accepted our invitation to visit him again and teach him. This wasn't just a, " sure come back I'm just trying to be polite and not crush your dreams but I'm really not interested" answer, but he said, " yes, I'm interested. Please, come back. I'm home on Fridays." I really felt the spirit from him, so We're hoping and praying that we can start to teach him and his family.
     Then it was Christmas! The service on Sunday morning was really good, and then we got to talk to our families! It was so cool to see and talk to the family. We moved, so I took a skype tour around the new house! Lol 
     Alright, well that's about it for this week. We went bowling today with a member, and I bowled a 126 ðŸ˜Žhaha I love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment