Monday, October 10, 2016

Weekly

Hey Everyone!

     This week wore me out pretty good. Among some of the highlights:

     This week was full of personal revelation in my studies and
during the Elder Grow meeting. This last week, around Wednesday, I had
a prompting to make humility the topic of my studies. I just felt
prideful. I don't really know why, but I just felt like it would be
good to humble myself some. During personal study, I felt prompted to
read through an article in the latest edition of the Ensign called
According you Our Will. It was just what I needed to read. I read that
in the end, the Lord grants us what we really want, and that we show
him what we want through our actions.

 We had a meeting with a general authority, Elder Grow,
where basically the whole mission was called to repentance. Lol my
companion and I both took really good notes, but they were mostly just
personal revelation and direction from the Spirit. Something we did
get out of it as a companionship is we both felt like we, as a
mission, don't expect miracles as much as we should. We know that they
happen, but we don't think that they will happen. As we build our
faith, miracles happen! And we are so excited for that.

     We also went on exchanges this week, and I went with Elder Carter
to Westchester. While we were there, we made a really cool street
contact. We were walking around, getting some finding in while we
waited for our appointment, when we saw this guy on the street all
sorts of inked up. He had two tear drops under his eye, and then a
crown with "LK" underneath, meaning he's a member of the Latin Kings,
a gang founded in Chicago. However despite his tattoos, we had a
really good conversation about life, and what God wants for his
children. We invited him to church and he was really interested in
coming. I didn't go to that Ward, so I don't know if Eddie (oh that's
his name, btw) showed up at church or not.

     That's about it for this week. It's been really hot and humid
lately, and it's supposed to storm for the next couple days. Also, my
family moved. So that will be kind of weird lol I love you all. Till
next week!
Love,
Elder Fa'afetai Phipps
Sent from the Lord's hastening device

No comments:

Post a Comment