Monday, October 10, 2016

Life on the South Side

Hey Everyone!

     So we literally just talked to someone in Dunkin Donuts that we
were meant to run into. So originally she thought we worked here, but
as we got to talking we informed her that we are missionaries! She
told us how she's trying to find the right church, and just waiting
for God to place in a church because she's tired of 'church hopping.'
SHE IS SO PREPARED!!!

     Anyway, this week was pretty good. Transfers are coming up next
week and they are splitting the area. The ward could be getting
another set of elders or another senior couple,Cnut we aren't sure
yet. I have been on the south side now for about six months now, so a
change could be in order. I have truly fallen in love with the hood.
It makes me so happy. I love the people here. They are so rooted in
their families and their community, and they all have a love for Jesus
Christ. I feel a little spoiled that I've been down here for so long
lol despite all the chaos that is about us, I feel a great sense of
purpose and peace in that the people here are prepared of the Lord.
Their circumstances have compelled them to be humble, and that has
allowed for their hearts to be opened to the spirit more easily.

     We had a lesson with a guys named David on Wednesday, our first
one, and we put him on date! Such a blessing for my companion and I.
The sisters in our ward have an investigator on date for next month as
well, and I feel like the work here is just beginning to take off. The
Lord is blessing our efforts, and in turn we are teaching more people
who are prepared to here our message!

     Our P-day this week is cut a little short. We're going to the
temple on Thursday with Larry to do baptisms! It's his first time
through! I'm so excited to be part of that experience. I have been
able to see his spiritual growth from the time he began taking the
discussions, all the way up to preparing to enter the temple, and I
feel very blessed for that.

     In my studies this week I read a conference talk by Elder James
B. Martino called, "All Things Work Together For Good." He talks a lot
about our attitude in life, and how we need to have turn trials into
blessings. They are are an opportunity to grow spiritually. Elder
Martino says, "In our trials, let us not become bitter or uncommitted,
but let us follow the Savior’s example of becoming more earnest, more
sincere, and more faithful."

 I love you all. I will keep you in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Fa'afetai Phipps

P.S. When I feel a little down, I just watch this great conference
talk. It's really motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment