Monday, July 25, 2016

Weekly

Hi Guys!

     So to start things off, transfers are this week and my companion
is moving! Elder Simper will be moving to the Hyde park YSA Ward, and
my new companion's name is Elder Fuchigami. He's Japanese American,
growing up in Hawaii and Reno Nevada, so not that far from home! This
last week was a fun one, and we had a couple really good lessons, one
of them occurring with Denise Branch. In our lesson we read in Alma
chapter 41, and we were really able to see the spiritual growth she
has made in this time in her life. Recently she has lost two family
members due to gang violence, and she spoke to us about how a lot of
her extended family causes the trouble that goes on in the Chicago
area. However her testimony of Christ and the power of forgiveness
fill Denise with a hope only the Savior can provide.
     We also had another really good lesson with Larry, and it was so
cool!! The spirit was so strong in his home, and he really wants to
come to church. We talked with him about the restoration and the Book
of Mormon. While we were reading from the Book of Mormon, Larry began
to read out loud and about half way through the first verse he
stopped, looked at us and said, "I know this book is true." I was like
yes!! I can't wait to teach Larry the rest of his lessons.
     Today we went to the city and went to SEARS Tower, we didn't go
in it because it's too expensive but one day I'll take some pictures
up there. I got a haircut finally! But the guys cutting it sort of
botched it and had to cut it really super short... Hahaha so no
pictures of me, sorry!

     Anyway, I hope everyone has a good week, I love you all and our
Heavenly loves you even more! Stay safe!

Elder Fa'afetai Phipps


No comments:

Post a Comment