Monday, July 25, 2016

I guess I don't do Long E-Mails

Hi everyone,
     This last week was really cool! First, we had a recent convert do
baptisms in the temple for the first time, and on Sunday we could just
feel the spiritual progress he's made. Oh! His name is Maurice, btw.
Anyway, I talked to him in Sunday school and he spoke with such a
sincere tone that he couldn't wait to go all the way through the
temple and partake of all the blessings that are available there. To
top it off, he bore his testimony during fast and testimony meeting!
     On Saturday we stopped by a bible referral named Larry, who was
SUPER prepared. When we asked him why he requested the bible he told
us, "I don't really know, I saw the commercial and called." Which at
first we thought he just wanted something for free, but after talking
with him, he already believed the Book of Mormon to be true. We gave
him 3 Nephi chapter 11 to read, and then he told us to put him down
for every Friday on our schedule! I am so happy that we found Larry,
the Lord has a lot in store for him.
     In my personal study I have started to reread Preach My Gospel,
and this morning throughout my studies the spirit pointed out a common
theme: there is always hope. No matter how far off the path someone
may seem, Christ has provided a means of return if we trust in and
follow Him. I am so grateful for the Atonement, and the ability I have
to not only use it in my life everyday, but to share that message of
hope with others.
     In other business, we did a lot of finding, like, A LOT of
finding. During our time in the great out doors I came to a
realization. In Stockton we hear about bad things happening more than
we hear or see them happening, where as in Chicago, stuff happens all
around us! We can here it and sometimes see it. Now I bring this up
because as representatives of Jesus Christ, we truly are protected. I
know this now more than ever. Trust in the Lord, and he will deliver.
I promise.

     I love you all, I will try to send photos of our P-day, we're
going to the Museum of Science and Industry.

Love,
Elder Fa'afewaffles




No comments:

Post a Comment