Monday, July 25, 2016

Going to the Temple

Hey fam!
     I hope everyones' week went well. For us out in Chicago the
weather is starting to warm up. It was around 80 degrees yesterday and
I thought I was going to die! Haha I'm just glad there was no
humidity. On Saturday Brenda was able to go through the temple and
perform baptisms for the dead! It was so exciting to see her enter
into the house of the Lord for the first time. She could feel the
spirit so strongly and knew that the work she was doing carried on
beyond the veil to those in need of sacred ordinances. We also have a
zone temple trip this week, so we get to go to the temple two weeks in
a row!!!
     In other news, at the temple I met an Elder that my companion,
Elder Simper, played football with in high school named Tavita
Taliolie... If that's how you spell it. He is HUGE, and has a
scholarship to play D1 football when he get's home. Also the elders
just north of us have a gas leek in their apartment, so they have been
staying with us for the last few nights lol last night we were pulling
up in the alley behind their building when we noticed some smoked in
the air. At first I thought someone was barbecuing, but as we drew
closer, the source of the smoke turned out to be a dumpster fire, just
outside of the Elders apartment! Oh yeah did I mention they have a gas
leak? Anyway they got out alright, and the fire department came just
as we were leaving.

     That's about it for this week. I'll send pics from today later
on. Love you all!
Love,
Elder Fa'afewaffles

No comments:

Post a Comment