Monday, April 25, 2016

People to Teach!

Hey hey hey!

     So this last week was a total blast. I've already been in Morgan
Park for almost a week! I love it here, it reminds of home (hahaha).
People here actually talk to us! It's exciting. So basically this week
consisted of adjusting to the new area, and most importantly, scouting
out food joints (jk it's only the second most important). The amount
of soul food around us is AMAZING. I love it so much! We ate at this
place called Uncle John's, and it was the best fried chicken I've ever
had. I'm not lying to you, everyone needs to eat there.
     With regards to the work, we received a bible referral a few days
ago named Hemory. He has 9 KIDS. 9! So we met with them on Sunday and
they had sooo many good questions. Hemory even said the closing
prayer!! I'm really excited about future lessons.
     We also got someone on date! Hahaha even though I just got here
I'm counting it. Her name is Brenda and she is on fire, and so excited
about getting baptized. In the lesson we went over Mosiah chapters 12
& 13. She was so fired up about it! I can't wait to continue teaching
her.
      Also my new companion's name is Elder Simper, from West Valley
Utah. He's so cool! Back home he got into long distance shooting, and
was approached by a Navy SEAL about going into the SEALs. He ended up
meeting Chris Kyle and had the opportunity to train with them a little
bit. He likes football and working out, so we're going to get along
just fine 😎
     Anyways that's about it for this week, sorry for the really short
email, transfers were a little hectic this time around. Love you all,
stay awesome.
Love,
Elder Fa'afetai Phipps

No comments:

Post a Comment