Monday, April 25, 2016

Every Step of the Way

     I love being a missionary, it's that simple. The amount of trust
people have in you is sometimes a daunting mantle to carry, so was the
case with this past week. In past emails I have expressed my love of
the atonement, for the life of Jesus Christ, however, the last couple
days harbor a number of experiences that have changed this love into a
somber gratitude.
     On Thursday night we met with one of our investigators to put her
on date for baptism. I'll keep her name anonymous, but this woman is
amazing. She has gone through so much adversity, unhappiness, abuse
and pain- much more than I can comprehend without the Spirit. My
companion and I sat there in her living room and listened with
grieving ears as she unfolded her life to us. A victim to abuse in her
youth, she carried that cycle into her marriage. While married she
gave birth to one son, but unfortunately abuse claimed the life of her
second child. When She told us this, emotion overcame her. I could
just see the pain she was feeling and I longed to lessen the burden it
cast on her shoulders. At this time the Spirit witnessed to me of the
Savior, and the love he has for each one of us. He truly wants to help
us, and because of his infinite atonement he knows perfectly well why
we are hurting-he already suffered for it. Christ is with us every
step of the way, and he will not forsake you.
     Among my P-day activities, we we to the lake! It was super cool.
We traveled down to Indiana, and we could see the Chicago Skyline
across the water. We did a lot of hiking, and we all learned the
extent of our out-of-shapeness. hahaha this weekend was pretty warm, it
was in the mid seventies all day. Today for P-day we plan on 
taking a bike trail, get some good cardio in.
     I would like to close with my testimony that I know God lives, He
is our loving Heavenly Father and out of that love He gave us His son
Jesus Christ, allowing us to return to him once again. Please know
that you aren't alone, God has not forgotten you. He loves you so much
more than you could ever imagine, and he is just waiting for us to ask
for help. If His work and his glory is to bring to pass the
immortality and eternal life of man, would it not make sense for our
Heavenly Father to desire to bless us? I know this to be true, and I
know that if you sincerely ask in prayer if this is true, you will
receive an answer.

I love you all,
Elder Fa'afetai Phipps


No comments:

Post a Comment